Margot and her husband Mark have two kids who are both successful entrepreneurs.
Margot and I are talking about how she came to write her book, giving kids freedom, and do your kids really need college?
- “Mom, you have to write a book” (5:00)
- I wasn’t raising them to be entrepreneurs (8:00)
- I would have given them [my kids] more freedom, younger (24:00)
- Do your kids really need college? (35:30)
- Parenting for grit (43:00)
“It turns out that the moms of almost every entrepreneur has it figured.” (5:00)
“There’s been so much research now about kids who are only praised for their results instead of for their effort.” (19:00)
“I would’ve given them more chores. I’m sort of embarrassed that they didn’t really learn to do their own laundry.” (29:30)
“I consider anybody, any free thinker, I consider someone who starts a project within a bigger organization an entrepreneur.” (34:15)
“I don’t think you’re going to find out when they’re three what they love” (41:40)